are our tasks!
The Pella Sietas Gmbh results from a merger between JJ Sietas KG and Open JSC Pella. From Hamburgs Russian twin city St.Petersburg. As a consequence of this merger between Sietas and Pella in April 2014 emerges a strong partner in shipbuilding industry who is able to understand customers‘ wishes and to meet the demands of the future.
«The oldest shipyard in Germany which is confident about the future, and being at a new stage of its development and modernization, remains the industry leader. Continuing the proud tradition of German shipbuilding, Pella Sietas GmbH, offers to our traditional as well as our new clients vessels built with state of the art engineering, latest energy saving technologies, and, of course, excellent quality proven by our reputation.
Come on course with us!»
History of Sietas Shipyard
Family business with a long Tradition since 1635.
The yard was owned by the Sietas family for nearly 375 years. Since April 2014 the yard is owned by the Tsaturof family.
The transition from wooden shipbuilding to steel building started around 1900. In 1902 Sietas delivered its first ship built completly from iron, the galiot „Anna Mary“. By continuous development based on years of shipbuilding experience as well as extensive technical competence even the two world wars could not harm the yard. Coasters and later on Containerships were built and delivered like automobiles of an industrial assembly line. The signs of time were always in focus on the yard.
Sietas was always busy with the construction of innovative, efficient vessels. In 1966 the yard delivered the first containership, the ”Bell Vanguard”, worldwide. Many special purpose ships like pusher craﬅs, icebreakers. heavy liﬅ vessels, chemical/oil tanker, RoRo vessels and ferries, Self-unloading bulker and Hopper Suction Dredgers followed. In February 2014 Sietas delivered the first offshore Jack-up vessel built and constructed in Germany.
Sietas has been known for its highly complex Container and Heavy load vessels not only in Hamburg but also beyond the borders of Europe. Still many hundreds of the JJ Sietas KG ships form the backbone of the short-Sea shipping.
History of Pella Shipyard
Pallila (Pella) in translation from Finnish – soft, mellow ground, was marked in Swedish maps as far back as of the XVII century.
Catherine the Great was flattered that name of Ivanovskaya grange coincided with the name of the antique metropolis of Macedonian emperors: Pelam (modern Saloniki) where Alexander the Great was born. No wonder, that the new residence was named „Pella“. Nowadays only the coach house and a pavilion of the Post station have been left from the Pelam‘s palace which was dismantled down on order of the Russian Emperor Pavel the 1st.
In 1930s a truck trailer plant of the Ministry of forest industry was built on grounds of the Post office. Afer the World War II the plant was reconstructed and renamed as Leningrad mechanical plant No4. In 1950 the plant located on the left bank of the river was stated a task of arranging of a shipbuilding production. Soon tugs, speedboats, pilot boats and other small size vessels became the major products of the plant. In 1957 the plant was renamed as Leningrad ship engineering plant. In the 1960s the plant developed new production line – GRP production. The first prototypes of such vessels were catching vessels „Nadezhda“ („Hope“) for the fishing boat „Vostok“ („East“), hydrographic vessels „Kayra“, work boats „Bekas“, light hulls for all national deep-submergence vehicles for exploration of the world‘s ocean and seas.
In 1992 the plant was privatized and became Open Joint Stock Company „Leningrad shipyard „Pella“ (from June 21st 1996). Up to date „Pella“ is a joint-stock company having nine affiliating and dependent companies owing territory of 33 hectares and assets enough for doing successful business.
Quality and expertise
- At Pella Sietas we not only invest in Research and development but also in our manpower.
- Innovations due to team performance! This principle applies to Pella Sietas and to our suppliers alike to enable optimal leverage of the complete value chain.
- Our well experienced team, consisting of engineers of all disciplines as well as production employees from electrician to welder, is supported by most modern programs like Nupas-Cadmatic, AutoCAD and other versatile technologies.
- In our own design department, concepts for development and production are put together to fulfil the demands and specific needs of our customers ships‘.
- We not only cooperate closely with trusted independent engineering offices but also with technical faculities and classification societies.
|Various docks lifting capacity up to||12.300t|
|CNC-controled pipe bending maschine
Ø 25mm – 219 mm and add. machinery
|Sawing center with cassette storage system|
|Steel construction sites||21300m²|
|ESAB Steel cutting machines and|
|Panel cutting machines (autogenous)|
|Plasma Steel cutting|
|Profil cutting and bending machines|
|Plasma and oxygen cutting|
|Flange welding machineBase area|
We understand your problems
Shipping is facing major challenges at the moment. Besides economic problems there is a large glut of new regulation coming up.
- Sox and Nox emission to be reduced
- The efficiency will be stipulated in EEDI and recorded in SEEMP
- Ballast Water needs to be cleaned in future
However, special attention must be paid to the economic efficiency of the ships. The costs for fuel reached a level that amounts up to 50% of the total costs in shipping.
We find solutions
We support our customers by:
- efficient design (main dimensions)
- optimal hull shape (both internally and externally developed)
- flexible systems and installations customized to meet every requirement.
We will help you to adjust your new and existing ships regarding aim profile (draught and speed)!
For your information our business regulations, based on legal compliance only german versions available.